MY HENS WONT GET BROODY????

What they said. Some breeds are broody at the drop of a hat others will never or rarely go broody. You may have the latter.

Thanks but today i went to look and realised that there was 2 roosters .does it have an effect on them breeding
Not always. It could depend on how many chickens you have. But hens who are going to go broody will do so whether there is a rooster around or not. A broody hen is just as content to sit on an infertile egg, a golf ball, doorknob or any other oval-shaped object. They'll try to hatch rocks if they are in the mood. How old are your hens? My broodies didn't start until they were a year old, and out of a flock of 20+ hens, I've only had a couple of broodies a year. It could well be that it just isn't going to happen.

Thanks but today i went to look and realised that there was 2 roosters .does it have an effect on them breeding

How old are the chickens if you only just discovered you have roosters. If they are young enough your roosters haven't shown themselves then they are probably too young to go broody as well.

And as asked more than once what breed are they, if they are meat birds they are bred to grow fast not go broody.

Back
Top Bottom