My hens

Miss Gallagher

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2018
Hi, I have a question about my hens,
So I have 3 hens Piper is top Hen Violet is second and Poppy is third, paper and violet get along very well as they are both sisters from the same mother, poppy I rescued her from a person that wanted nothing to do with her, poppy gets along with Piper very well however violet doesn't seem to like poppy very much and seems to go after her quite a lot,
I know the pecking order is very important but I don't know if Violet is picking on poppy a bit too much or if this is to show poppy who is in charge

Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers
il_340x270.1039722293_7n9x.jpg

Hi and :welcome are we talking about chickens or ducks? Pecking order can be pretty tough with chickens even to the point of death so best to always introduce first off where they can all see each other[through fencing] for a least a few days to a week then introduce where they are together with supervision. Treats can help break the ice too. If these are chickens scroll up some and you'll hit the chicken section. I have chickens and ducks,geese but this is duck forum.

Hi, sorry my chickens, thank you for this information, my three girls have been together for a long time so I don't understand why all of a sudden Violet would go after Poppy,

Back
Top Bottom