My homemade coop and couple of questions from a newbie :-)

Holy cow! I love it!!
big_smile.png
I have to swindle DH into making something like that for my EEs.

Hi all, bit of an update!

One nest box down, one to go
big_smile.png

15669_abcd0015.jpg

15669_nb2.jpg

15669_nb3.jpg

15669_nb4.jpg

15669_nb5.jpg

15669_nb6.jpg

15669_nb7.jpg

15669_nb8.jpg

Just have to put a bolt on it to stop it falling open and put the shed felt on and it's done.

Best news is that i should be getting the keys to my new house on friday, so it will be go go go!

Dale

Quote:
Could of fooled me, your coop looks great so far. I love the knotty pine look

Yeah, it looks great! I love the drawer for cleaning out the bedding!
smile.png
Nice work!

By the way,
welcome-byc.gif
!

Last edited:
Some more update piccys, so very nearly there now
wee.gif

Thoughts on the roosting bars would be appreciated, thinking i might need one more lower down to help the little dears up to the higher ones, was going to try and see if they could do it without first though.......clever chucks.

15669_abcd0008.jpg

15669_abcd0009.jpg

15669_abcd0010.jpg

15669_abcd0011.jpg

Just have to put in some ventilation holes in the front panel and fill the gaps from the slanted roof. Oh and have decided to go with a clear wood preserver, want to keep my nice pine look.

Under a little bit of pressure now as the house move is on the 10th Oct, once i have the keys there are far more important jobs (apparently) to be done, like ripping the bathroom suite out etc (boring
sickbyc.gif
)

Once in the house, i shall be measuring the garden up and having a two run system, so that the grass gets to rest every other week. Again stole the idea from a chap at the allotment i went to the other week.

Have a good weekend.

Dale
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom