My house just exploded!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Crazyland, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    I started yesterday with just one little black silkie and now I have 13 chicks!

I wish I had pictures to show. But they are all so adorable!

My little silkie is the friendliest little thing. Will be interesting to learn if she is a boy or girl but I keep thinking girl. lol

I settled in the 5 I picked up this morning. They are still very skittish. This evening they were on top of the dog kennel sleeping, I gently put them inside for the night.

The 7 I picked up this evening are really more like a surprise bunch. 3 are EE's. 2 are frizzle showgirl but I picked out ones without naked necks. The last two really are a surprise! The lady thinks that they may be frizzle mixes, but it could be anything from Marans to Orphingtons that they are mixed with.

The EE's are blackish, one with a large splash on the chest of cream. The frizzles are yellow and the two surprise are a mottled yellow.

My 4 year old loves to sing to them. lmao

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Yay! You'll always need more. [​IMG]

3. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    [​IMG] I think the little silkie is going to be my fav just because she was my "first" lol Thanks for letting me have Bismark.

4. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Sounds so exciting!! Photos, photos photos!!! Maybe with the 4 year old singing.....Congratulations!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by