1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My hubby thinks im crazy...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pdsavage, Jan 6, 2009.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    so I tell him I have to drive 2 hours to get this rooster I need and he is like WHAT??!!...
    Any way I tell him that my girls need a new roo as mine died.
    he just shakes his head as gives me that look like im crazy or something...

anyway i am also getting a pullet cause the roo is to young to go in with the girls anyway...

2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    You're a lucky woman. I cannot get my DH to run to the store!

3. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    BCB - pdsavage didn't say her hubby was going to drive to get the pullet, she said she is.

Anyway, I could see pretty much any spouse giving you the "look" when you say something like that. [​IMG]

4. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    You're pretty lucky!! My DH gives me a look anytime I say I need to drive 20 miles down the road. Sheesh!

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    pdsavage- Driving for only 2 hours isn't the least bit crazy. Last summer I committed to buy some chickens without checking Mapquest. Turns out it was 185 miles each way. Crazy to drive that far? Nope, just chalked it up to a senior moment.

6. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I'm in central Utah and drove to Kansas to meet a woman that I was buying two dogs from. They were going to be flown in but I was talking to her on the phone and she said let's just meet half way. I said "when?". She said "now.". So we did. I told hubby I was leaving and asked to where, I said Kansas and he said "See ya later!". He knows I'm just crazy like that. [​IMG]

7. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Your husband is right!

Edited to add: Bammony, yours is too!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  8. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    Quote:Wow, I sometimes have fantasies of doing something like that......just keep on driving down the road....hey, I-40 ends in California and goes through some pretty cool places on the way.....

9. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    LOL !!!! Poor hubbys !!! Mine did the same thing last spring when I told him we were going on an 1 1/2 drive to pick up some silkies !!! Then I had to stop at the bank to get the $$ I needed to buy them and that really did me in, oppss !!!!

10. ChickieWhickie

ChickieWhickie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Western KY
    My husband and I drove 6 hours round trip to get Cayuga ducks and Toulouse geese. While we were there, I talked him into some more Frizzles, Silkies and a Muscovy duck.

He kept telling me, as we were traveling, not to tell anyone that he did that. He was afraid someone would have him committed. Shhh!! Don't tell anyone!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by