My hunk roo

PatriciafromCO

Songster
5 Years
Aug 17, 2016
I feed the well every couple of days in the warmer months so they will get out of the barn and get their own food. This year has been the best natural food maker with plenty of late snows and a great monsoon season .. Love seeing them enjoying themselves and how good they look. received_574580107651592.jpeg

I feed the well every couple of days in the warmer months so they will get out of the barn and get their own food. This year has been the best natural food maker with plenty of late snows and a great monsoon season .. Love seeing them enjoying themselves and how good they look. View attachment 3202479
THAT'S good forage?? Wow! It looks like an arid waste land. But the chickens most certainly look nice and are probably enjoying themselves scratching around.
Is your rooster an Australorp?

THAT'S good forage?? Wow! It looks like an arid waste land. But the chickens most certainly look nice and are probably enjoying themselves scratching around.
Is your rooster an Australorp?
Yes it's awful to look at right around the homestead, hard lesson to learn that the bush hog mower on the tractor can be too harsh in some soil types. We hope to get it restored with reseeding Yet with all the weeds and wild sunflowers we get an abundance of bugs and insects and stuff they love told chow down on. The other 110 acres that we didn't mow lol had a good enough year to naturally reseed which is awesome

Back
Top Bottom