My husband almost made me faint at TSC.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by briana1975, May 6, 2009.

1. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    We have our first chickens and turkeys and I am really enjoying them. [​IMG] My husband likes to build stuff and was willing to build whatever I needed for the chickens but that was it. [​IMG] He doesn't want to have to mess with the chickens or turkeys AT ALL, he says. Last week he has started coming to the feathered side. [​IMG] Now he says he might like to help collect eggs. And he likes to talk to the turkeys with his turkey calls. And now that the chicks and turkeys are out in the coop he comes out with me to watch them. [​IMG] But the most amazing thing of all happened tonight at TSC. He looked at the incubatores and said "maybe you should try hatching eggs next." Can you belive it! [​IMG] I can't belive it. I would love to try and hatch some eggs. [​IMG] Now I have something new to search on BYC. I am very lucky to have a great hubby![​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thats awesome!!!!! Mine is the same way [​IMG]

3. tn chick

tn chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2008
    SW Tennessee
    [​IMG] for special hubbies [​IMG]
    mine is a good chicken dad too

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Mine builds and builds and he never says a word if I drive several hours to pick up chickens or anything about bringin eggs in. He also loves to watch them hatch and fusses over them too. I think I will keep him [​IMG]

5. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    [​IMG] My hubby is the same, won't trade him for the world!
    This weekend will be the completion of our first coop!He has been working so hard....he works all day, then works on the coop FOR ME.
    We get our chickens SUnday![​IMG]
    He's doing it for me. [​IMG]

6. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Quote:We have our chickens already. But we are still finishing our coop. My husband is the same, works all day then comes home and we work on the coop. Tuesday night we were out till 10:30pm. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  7. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    They always see it our way.................. [​IMG] eventually!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    I wouldn't even HAVE my chickens until next year, if it were not for my DBF, who insisted that we go to the feed store that morning, just to "check it out".....

9. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    awesome!!!!

Tell him how much "Cheaper" it will be in the long run, for you to hatch your own chicks!

10. cstacatto

cstacatto Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2009
    Lakewood
    [​IMG] this forum makes me smile lol.......i have it the other way around, where my fiancee thinks im crazy every time i bring home a new animal. But then just the other day she goes....think we can order some of those magpie ducks? [​IMG] I was like Definitely....after i picked my jaw up off of the floor. hehehe yay for supportive significant others? hehehe:love

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by