My Husband Built Me A Smoker!!!

It is easy to over smoke in one of these closed model's, But like Steve said over smoke no such animal LOL. Pecan wood is the Cadilac of smoking woods, I would just pull the chips out early according to the flavor you like, and keeping them wet or soaked also helps slow penetration to the meat. It looks like it works well though.

AL

Nice smoker!

Not in on using your husband. No offense meant.
wink.png

I love the use of the vintage frigidaire! Now I'm going to have to hunt one down. This is a smoker I wouldn't mind adorning my patio with. A nice, bright coat of paint... and voila! functional decor.
wink.png

we do have mulberry and I'm sure I can buy pecan!
I'm having my husband paint it a flat black keeping the hinges and latch a brushed silver. a bright color would be really cool, I'm just not a very bright person.

he said the inportant thing was finding one with a metal interior.

did you notice the light bulb? it goes on when the hot plate does so that I know it's working with out opening the door all the time!

Last edited:
I'm having my husband paint it a flat black keeping the hinges and latch a brushed silver. a bright color would be really cool, I'm just not a very bright person.

But you were "bright" enough to marry him!!
lol.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lol I meant bright colored
smile.png

It's funny, I don't wear bright colors. Pretty much just blue jeans, black, gray and white. But when it comes to decor and surroundings I love bright, bold colors.​

Back
Top Bottom