My husband keeps telling me........

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by StormyMoon, May 31, 2011.

1. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Stop............ in a soft voice! LMAO ya like that will work.

I am not on hatch 14 chicks are chirping in the incubator here in my bed room and I have 3 more incubators 1 of the 3 has 42 eggs due to hatch a week from now.
    2 empty and I am contemplating my next war strategy ......war of the chicken math mwwwwaaaaaaaaaahhaaa!

Maybe in a few days I will set some more. I love my LG incubators and even thinking about buying another one.

2. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Haha! I have 15 chicks right now, more hatching, and just cleaned the incubator only to pack more

eggs in it! [​IMG] I use little giants too. Not the best in my opinion, but it works, and actually gives me

good hatch rates - as long as it's in a temp. stable room [​IMG]

Happy Hatching!

-Scissor

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    And just exactly what do you plan on doing with all of those cockerels? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Yea my room is now temp controlled for the summer ........

As for the roos well they taste really good and most of them sell pretty good.

5. Fritatta

Fritatta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    Quote:X2
    what will you do with all these chicks?

6. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I sell a lot of them and it helps me buy chick feed for the ones I do keep. I keep a couple of the females so I can add to my flock more eggs the better. I also sell eggs.

7. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    My hubby is an enabler. Not only did he ride with me to pick up fertile eggs once my silkie went broody, he got me a roo today so I will have my own next time I get a broody. [​IMG] And I have 5 ducks, only want 3 so would really like to sell 2, but he keeps talking me out of it.

8. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    LOL My hubby watches from afar and I guess enables me as well. Every time he's planning a trip home, he starts in with "what do we have to do in the chicken pen/coop while I'm home?" Poor guy is home on average of 4 days a month and 2 or 3 of those days i'm workin his butt off in the chicken pen!! Next weeks visit we'll be putting the roof on the run finally and redoing the interior of the coop.

9. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I wish mine was an enabler lol,

My old man softly complains about how much they eat ......and about how LOUD they get lol........I like all the chirping.

I do all the coop details though and I build them and the brooders my self. He grew up on a farm and says he hated it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by