My husband knows the egg song. I swear that is an attractive quality.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by HeatherLynn, Dec 7, 2010.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    So my mother is showing a bit of interest in the chickens finally. She was working in her greenhouse when she heard the gals making an awful loud ruckus. She comes running out to see whats wrong. My husband waves her off with a " don't worry mom they are just doing the happy dance cause they laid an egg." So he is telling me about this and I am just overwhelmed that my city slicker, computer nerd husband has turned into an experienced chicken 'farmer'. He hears the new girls singing their song and he is off in search of where they are hiding their eggs and asking me for the plastic eggs so we can get them straightened out on where to lay.

2. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    Good story. I thought, from your lead in, that your husband was imitating the egg song, ha ha.

3. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    [​IMG]

Isn't it great when they go from "why, exactly, do you want these" to being good chicken daddies? I agree - very attractive quality [​IMG]

4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Quote:[​IMG] ... me, too!

5. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    another good man [​IMG]

6. pawprint2104

pawprint2104 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    My fella did this, too. I, totally, get this! [​IMG] I was delighted when he identified the Egg Song for the first time. Just like he was an ol' hand at it. Very proud, I was. My sweetie [​IMG]

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That's too cool.

First thought at the title was... Must admit I'm pretty proud of DH's rendition of Torn, Turn the Page, and War Pigs at karaoke... Course I have to get him 176 (yes precisely) sheets to the wind first... awesome that yours is keen without 'aid'. [​IMG]

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I love that my dh used to act like I was a crazy lady for wanting honeybees, now he does more talking /explaining about them I do...and now he is doing the very same thing about my chickens.. Someone will ask a question and he is the first to answer it!! After one of his 'explanations about why the chickens weren't laying' right now....he looks at me and says "See, I do listen to you!"....

9. LauraG

LauraG Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    Lucky you!!!

Wish my guy was as enthusiastic about my chickens as I am.

When I tell him the days chicken antics he continues to stare blindly into the TV and "uh-huh" me to death.....

10. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:Mine too [​IMG] When he hears the egg song or a roo singing he goes "god that is annoying". He hardly even eats eggs anymore and doesn't think my home grown chicken tastes any better than store bought. But he does put up with my addiction to chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by