My husband passed away working our our coop on Saturday, June 12, 2010

vickibiro

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 30, 2010
LaGrange, Kentucky
He was the carpenter. I am at a loss. How to go on without him but how do I finish what he started? I've been working a little at a time putting some paint on and some of his friends have been here adding some siding and trimwork. I dug the post holes and set the posts for the run. I need to know what to do about the inside of the coop. I want it divided in half. Can I divide it with the 2x4 wire and frame a wire door in it? Can I tack hardware cloth over the outside of the windows so I can open and close them? I am at such a loss I don't even know the right questions to ask.
sad.png

59075_img_0880.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss!

He was building a stunning coop!

There are a lot of people on here with much more skill than I have, I hope they will help you out.

Jenny

I am so sorry for your loss. Is there anyone you can ask locally? Family/friends always pull together at times like this and I am SURE they would be glad to help out. Most people dont know how to help and dont want to impose, but will GLADLY help if asked.

Vicki so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through. Your Husband was quite the carpenter. If it makes you feel better to continue on with his good work then carry on. People greive in different ways. Hopefully someone on here can help you out and maybe from Kentucky. Take some time for yourself too.

Cara

so sorry for you loss
hugs.gif
my DH used shower doors for the separation from coop/shed part so I could have easy access to clean the coop part, I would think if you want to divide it just use what is easier for you. Could you have someone come out and finish it for maybe one of your husband's friends so you don't have to worry about it, I am sure that there would be someone to help. You have to take care of yourself also in this time. I will keep you in my prayers. Your husband was building you and your chickens a very nice wonderful coop.

Oh hun, I'm so sorry for your loss! I don't know any thing about building, tho. Hopefully, his friends will come and help you finish the coop. I'm sure if you ask, they will help you out. Take care. I know it's very hard to take it all in right now. God Bless.
hugs.gif

I too am so very sorry that you've lost your husband and partner in this chicken adventure!
hugs.gif
It looks like he was building a beautiful coop, and I hope that when you finish it, that it becomes a special place for you that brings peace and comfort.

My only input to your questions is that I might put the windows in backwards, so that they would open from the outside - and put the hardware cloth on the inside. It is such a pretty coop, and the hardware cloth would show less if it were on the inside. Plus you could open and close the windows easily from the outside if you didn't want to disturb the girls by going in there. Since you could still lock the windows, and only a person could reach up and unlock them, I would think you'd still have protection from predators.

First of all, my deepest sympathies
hugs.gif
This must be a very difficult time for you.
Do we have enough people here on BYC who live within a few hours who can come and do a "coop raising"?

Back
Top Bottom