My husband said what???

speakup4kids

Songster
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
Yuba City , CA
On Saturday one of my lovely children hadn't been taught how to shut the door to the "coop" properly and one of the chicks got out. My husband's 90 lb black lab, Shasta immediately retrieved the chick and brought it to my husband who was all the way on the other side of the yard... (this dog has never, in her life retrieved anything... not a ball, stuffed animal...nothing!) She brought the chick to my husband dropped it and sat down, like "well, here you go slacker, way to let it get out" My whole family comes running in yelling that the dog got Fromes (the chick) and I started crying. My husband, (who told me I couldn't have chickens in the first place) says to me, " It's o.k, we will get you a new one"
WHAT???

BTW, the chick is fine... just slobbered on!

Black labs have one of the softest mouths when it comes to handling fowl.

My old girl was so gentle. I sure do miss her.... I think I am gonna get me another one this week. (I have to break this to the wife now as I just now decided this.) Thanks for bringing her memory back to me.

GOOD DOG!! *sends e-belly rub*

Hope you gave her a huge petting for her good work... that is just beyond wonderful.

And of course he said that... my goob, luv him but he IS a goob, would prolly do the same.
roll.png

Actually, you have to consider how absolutely wonderful it is that she did not tear it apart before bringing him to your DH. I am glad the chicken is okay. I do understand your feeling hurt, but that is just how some people are, they don't understand how you could be emotionally attached to a chicken. I suggest putting a spring on the coop door that will close it behind your kids.

Quote:
Retrieving waterfowl without damaging them is what labs were bred for. No hunter wants his dinner or trophy chewed up. I hope the dog got lots of praise.

GOOD DOG, GOOD DOG...and Good DH for jumping on the Chicken Train. He loves you so much he forgot he didn't want chickens, when he saw how upset you got.

I like the E-Belly Rub for the dog, and DH too.

That kind of chaotic day sounds very familiar...
th.gif
Im glad were not the only ones....my daughters black lab got into our duck pen years ago and carried the ducks around till they died of shock or something...she picked up a 3 wk old feral kitten she found last year and had it for who knows how long till we got home...totally unharmed although slobbery...good thing it wasnt a cattle dog or terrier! (had those too) Glad that Fromes (
lol.png
) is ok!

So glad Fromes is ok and good doggy. Hope my Black Lab. ends up like this one did. Right now she can't be trusted with a chihuahua. She is only a little over 4 mo. old tho. A long way to go January Rose.

We will get you a new one..LOL I would have slapped him in the face...HOW CAN SOMEONE SAY THAT??? But it's good your old girl didn't harm it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom