My Ideal Poultry 2 weeks old PG 3

Quote:
Thanks - I was really stumped by #3, did not look like anything I was expecting. The one that was DOA was the yellow (most certain that was the Buff). And I was expecting all black for the Cayuga.

opiyfz450 - Easter Eggers are a mutt version of Ameracaunas. They lay various shades of green eggs. Ideal sells them as Ameracaunas, but many people have told me that they are not real Ameracaunas because they are not pure breeds. But they lay lots of large greenish eggs.

I love mutts and not perfects. I do not sell eggs for hatching and have my animals because I love animals. And I can assure you, I am far from perfect.
smile.png

Great pics !! Hard to resist ducklings!!!

I can't tell from the pics but ducklings need a water dish that is deep enough for them to swish their bills in. If they don't rinse out the cavity you will have issues. It's messy and they fling water which is why you need to probably separate them from the chicks because the chicks can't get wet or they will chill.

The water for the ducks should not be deep or big enough for them to swim in that is discouraged until they have feathered out or they can chill and die.

They also cannot have medicated chick feed.

Here is a link that is good.

http://www.liveducks.com/

Best of luck with the flock !!

Julie
big_smile.png

I LOVE the little ducks!!! Well, we are building a second coop and run. I had decided what to fill it with but...OK,OK,OK, one thing at a time! Can I keep ducks with chickens after a certain time??

Oh those ducklings!!! Yes, I know they're cute and fun, but I hatched and brooded a bunch for my aunt and DANG! are they messy! hehe

Keep telling me how messy those ducks are. It isn't sinking in yet. It needs to be solidly in my brain so I can resist any I see for sale.

Back
Top Bottom