My incubator can't seem to stay at one temp. Help!!!

My incubator is staying around 90-102. Is that ok for the chicks. This is my first time incubating and i'm still learning. The eggs have been in there for two days!!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
WELCOME TO BYC
No it is not good. What kind of incubator do you have and where is it located? Try putting it in a closet. What day are you on? Your temperature should be between 99.5 and 100.
Michele

Sunny side up incubator and it is located in a dark corner. I had two eggs that cracked in it before and that is when the temps were going up and down. I got three non cracked eggs and put them in. Ever since that the temp is about 99.2
hmm.png
Is that ok.
We are on day 2.

Last edited:
If the incubator is in a dark corner and still has temperature swings that wide is there a vent or something that is blowing on it from the a/c? Maybe you have a draft blowing from somewhere? This is why some folks favor closets. No a/c vents, no drafts, that sort of thing.

It is staying between 92-101. Are my chicks still alive!!
fl.gif

I'd say that they are, but that type of incubator doesn't have any means of regulating temperatures (a thermostat)

You may need to make a styrofoam cooler incubator, if you are worried that this one is going to kill your eggs. I would love to help you build one with a manual egg turner.

I could help you make one, but you will need to either buy, or have the supplies on hand.

Sorry your mom hates animals. Mine did too when I was a kid also. It just means when you get older you can have lots. I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, a lot of chickens, 5 bunnies, 5 turkeys and 3 ducks and one duckling. Oh yeah two incubators full of eggs. Hang in there it will be fine.
Michele

Back
Top Bottom