My intro and hello!

Flockingmess

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2020
I'll use the basic layout. I live in Jacksonville, FL and in the past few years gained interest in raising chickens. Most of the property is planted pines so it was good to get into something easy (lol) and keep it simple. 6 was all I ever needed until I saw 6 more, 12 more, 24 more... Yep.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No. First chickens about 5 years ago. 6 ISA brown.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
100+
(3) What breeds do you have?
Several sex link. Americana, Orpington, Maran(s), Rhode Island Red, Welsummers, Speckled Sussex, Plymouth Rock, Turken (my fav), Wyandotte, Australorp, Brahma, Olive eggers, Cream Legbar, Leghorn, Jersey Giants....
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
As a behaviorist by education, seeing how "dumb" birds can learn rather quickly...
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fishing, Horticulture, Travel, Shooting, Archery, Jeeps, Repurposing
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Single, no kids and never married. Previously Behavior Modification/ Nursery owner operator. Looking for my next pursuit!!!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Just saw it and said its time to join a poultry community!

I'll use the basic layout. I live in Jacksonville, FL and in the past few years gained interest in raising chickens. Most of the property is planted pines so it was good to get into something easy (lol) and keep it simple. 6 was all I ever needed until I saw 6 more, 12 more, 24 more... Yep.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No. First chickens about 5 years ago. 6 ISA brown.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
100+
(3) What breeds do you have?
Several sex link. Americana, Orpington, Maran(s), Rhode Island Red, Welsummers, Speckled Sussex, Plymouth Rock, Turken (my fav), Wyandotte, Australorp, Brahma, Olive eggers, Cream Legbar, Leghorn, Jersey Giants....
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
As a behaviorist by education, seeing how "dumb" birds can learn rather quickly...
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fishing, Horticulture, Travel, Shooting, Archery, Jeeps, Repurposing
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Single, no kids and never married. Previously Behavior Modification/ Nursery owner operator. Looking for my next pursuit!!!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Just saw it and said its time to join a poultry community!
:welcome :welcome :welcome

Back
Top Bottom