Do you still rotate and move/manipulate eggs in an automated incubator?

• Leave it alone until it needs more water. Do not move eggs or worry.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep an eye on eggs and move when desired

• Keep to a manual plus motorized rotation schedule

• Remove motorized rows and rotate eggs manually only.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deejo20

In the Brooder
Nov 26, 2020
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? yes I’m totally new. Thought about it for years but this is our first foray.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 10 incubating eggs

(3) What breeds do you have? Unknown possible black silkies or mixture

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Teaching my kids

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading, biking, being a cool mom :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have 2 parents and 4 kids ages 8-11 living at home. Sahm. Working dad. Own 2 spoiled guinea pigs. We are all animal lovers 🥰

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Decided to participate in a local hatching program in nov2020. read the Tampa article about suburban chicken coops approval in September. Joined group from link in news article.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? yes I’m totally new. Thought about it for years but this is our first foray.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Teaching my kids

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have 2 parents and 4 kids ages 8-11 living at home. Sahm. Working dad. Own 2 spoiled guinea pigs. We are all animal lovers 🥰

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Decided to participate in a local hatching program in nov2020. read the Tampa article about suburban chicken coops approval in September. Joined group from link in news article.

20201109_231642.jpg

Hi @Deejo20 👋

I haven’t incubated eggs in a few months but I did find that my first two times incubating eggs were the longest 21 day periods ever but I also learned a lot and had a lot of fun.

Since this is either your first time or first time in a while incubating eggs, I think you’ll just have to impatiently wait the 21 days 😂

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom