My Intro

calliecat08

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2018
Hi! My name is Callie and I am actually not new to raising chickens, my family had close to 40 ish when I was about 13 years old. We slowly got out of raising them but now I am back into it! I currently have 18 chickens that I got around February of this year. I currently have 1 lavender Ameraucana Rooster, 8 Silkies: 2 Roos and 6 hens, 4 Polish hens, 1 bantam frizzled Cochin hen, 1 Silver laced Wyandotte rooster, 1 Easter Egger hen, and 1 game hen. I plan on getting a few more different breeds in the spring. My favorite thing about raising backyard chickens is I get to see how smart they are. Some people do not realize how incredibly smart chickens really are. Some of my other hobbies include gardening, working with dogs and cats, and learning about animal medicine. I eventually want to be a Exotic/Livestock Veterinarian. My family consists of me, my sister, my mom, and my dad. My mom is also very into backyard farming but my sister and dad aren't really interested. I do have quite a few other pets. I have 4 dogs, a cat, 3 rabbits, a cockatoo, 7 guinea pigs, a goat, two ducks, 3 guinea fowl, 2 ferrets, 2 button quail, and a disabled sugar glider. I currently am a paid staff member at a no kill animal shelter. I found BYC by googling information I needed and the page came up. I joined after a while because I just wanted to be a part of the community and that way I had easy access to the site!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Callie!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Maybe you sister and dad will get more into the backyard farming spirit. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

GroupWelcome.gif

It is very nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom