My introduction

JefferyEarl

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2017
Flambrough
Hello everyone!
My name is Jeff and I live in southern ontario Canada. In a small community north of Hamilton. I moved into a new place this past winter that already had a chicken coop. I started with 6 road island reds then a few weeks later added 5 more. Short there after I got a pure white silkie rooster named Chico to help keep the peace :) The hens I got were kept in a very large shed with no windows and no access to the out doors. They were used for there eggs to be sold. Alot of pecking amongst them. Only 1 hen had all her feathers :( They have a great life now with me. Lots of treats and of course a large yard to play and find other treats on there own. They have a small sand pit they love to bath in and lay in the sun. Almost all my hens now have there feathers back. A few weeks back I noticed one of my hens was not getting off her eggs so I left her alone. Couple days ago we started to see chicks:) So very cute. Very exciting also. Im looking at extending my coop so that I can have more chickens now lol.

Well I think that covers my introduction and look forward to all your advice in the future.

Regards
Jeff

:welcome

Hi Jeff, it sounds like your flock has a much more pleasant existence now. Congratulations on the new little ones!

Back
Top Bottom