My introduction

Zoeygurls

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2020
1) I am totally new to chickens! I got my first 6 babies this last April. not all of those 6 survived my stupidity. Lessons learned! I let them have some time outside in the grass when they were about 4 weeks old. They were in a dog crate but the hawks still got to them. Only 3 survived. šŸ˜¢. Iā€™ve since gotten two more babies and 2 more older pullets.

(2) I currently have 7 hens. two of those are still too young to add to the coop though.

(3) What breeds do you have? My queen bee is my barred rock, 2 golden sexlinks, black australorp, black rock, and 2 speckled Sussex.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Building a fun healthy and safe coop. Iā€™m so excited to start getting fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Enjoying retirement life! I retired from the Army in 2015 so Iā€™m just enjoying life with my family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We live on 2.6 acres with (currently) eleven lambs. Our daughter will be a freshman in HS and shows lambs for FFA. We started raising them at home and now sell the meat. We also enjoy our dogs. We have a Beauceron that we started showing and is a great herding dog. We also have an Aussiedoodle and a yellow lab.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D. Iā€™ve needed some help with ants in my coop and have found some great knowledge here!!

My standard greeting:
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

My personal greeting: Best of Cluck with your flock. (BEWARE OF THE HAWKS):old

Back
Top Bottom