My kids love chickens/what about yours?

DD Genna last spring with one of our EE chicks
jumpy.gif

6170_byckidchick.jpg

Surprisingly, chickens are where myself and 16 year old daughter "connect". I am glad to have something we both agree on!
smile.png

My 4 yr old has a somewhat short attention span for actually being with the chickens, but he loves pretending to be a chicken, and pretending to have (and take care of, and build things for) imaginary chickens
smile.png

My almost 1 1/2 yr old, OTOH, is totally captivated by chickens. He points out chicken pictures whenever he sees them, and when we go outside to play he mostly just wants to go hang out by the runs and stuff little pieces of grass thru the wire for the chickens to eat. (It's not just chickens, though -- inside the house he is the official Cat Manager. Like in case a piece of kibble should fall off a feeding dish, he is right there on the job!, and he supervises the cats' disagreements to make sure they don't get out of hand, and tells me every time someone has a hairball. Go figure)

Pat

no doubt here either...my DD is now 12 and she loves her EEs and spoils them rotten

Her with her first one, Sandy. At three weeks old Sandy could not sleep alone (even though there were 5 broodermates) DD insisted and I would catch her out in the livingroom sleeping with Sandy.

ChynSandy.jpg

DD believes Sandy needs to be educated and watch TV

HPIM2902Small.jpg

DD also believes that 60 degrees is just too cold for Sandy so she must snuggle under her jacket:

HPIM3255Small.jpg

DD yesterday with out little Roo, Deville

Deville2.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom