My Ladies are not laying in the nesting boxes

Keep in mind that I am totally new to this, but having luck with this so far....
cool.png

I would keep them up longer in the morning only.
I guess they would lay early? Then let them out a little later each day. I would be afriad that it you keep them locked up all day they might get scared because "routine" is changed too drastically. Mine seem to be very much creatures of habit and want the same routine.
Anyway if you can keep them for an hour in the pen longer in the morning that might help, then keep increasing the time in the morning for them to be "in" to increase chances of laying.
We made nesting boxes (make them small & DARK) then bought fake eggs (@ Crackle Barrell) they are little cermic eggs, but look sooo real! I leave them in there and they go in look & say Ok I get it and will lay.
From time to time I still have a newbie that will lay on the ground, but I think it's because she doesn't know that she is about to lay yet.
Biggest advice is to not change their routine too much all at once or you might freak them out and egg laying reduce.

Back
Top Bottom