My Last Golden Laced Wyandotte

CaradineCousins

Songster
6 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Birmingham Alabama
Well my last Wyandotte Noel is gone. I heard a loud commotion coming from the yard while i was preparing coffee by the time i got out there she was gone. Blood feathers but nothing of her. This is the 3rd time this has happened this year and one of which was a 2 week old chick with her mamma that i figured was a rat. But i havent seen any signs of those in weeks I put lots of avacado pits down thier holes. My chickens were not allowed out for the last 6 months. Noel was in her cage by herself she always has been she doesn't get along well with others. But she was sweet with me. Even if was outside i'm just not sure if I could have saved her whatever it was would have waited for me to go in house. This makes me angry and sad she was 5 years old and a beautiful girl. I hope you didn't suffer long my baby...RIP Noel mamma loves you

So sorry for your loss, I understand completely! I had my last Silkie rooster (who was an absolute love) snatched up by something VERY stealthy during the day, right by my clothesline! My only consolation was that he was not killed for fun (like a dog would do) but another animal just trying to survive. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom