My lawn was accidentally sprayed with flea and tick treatment

mblihar

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 10, 2011
Hello,

A week ago, a lawn company came and sprayed my lawn with a flea and tick treatment while I was not home. It was intended for my neighbor. My 5 chickens had been free ranging for around 4 hours between the time the lawn was sprayed and when I got home and put them away. I kept them off the lawn for 36 hours after that.

I've been keeping an eye on them and they don't seem to have suffered any ill effects.

My question is - how long should I wait before consuming the eggs?

Wow...bet THAT was scary for you (for your birds) that first day or two. I would have been on the phone so fast asking for warnings/precautions for animals... I guess the best answer would be 14 days. But to be honest, for me it would depend on what the company told me (warnings/precautions of chemicals). If they told me it was harmless to animals, then I'd eat the eggs now. But we didn't do withdrawls when administering antibiotics (other than the one family member who was allergic to that type of antib.), so maybe you don't want to listen to me
tongue.png

Oh believe me, I was on the phone immediately. But all they were able to tell me is that pets and children should be kept off the lawn for 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom