My leghorn hasn't laid for a week

Eva2020

Songster
Sep 6, 2020
Berkshire County, MA
Hi Everyone,

My leghorn and my rhode island red who started laying this summer, have been laying through the winter, occasionally taking a day or 2 off. My leghorn hasn't laid for a week and I'm kind of baffled. I don't think she's egg bound, because she has been her normal perky self and I haven't observed her pushing. My coop and run dont have hiding spaces, so she couldn't be laying somewhere else, and I am still getting eggs from my rhode island reds (my 2 other chickens haven't been laying this winter). I think if they were eating eggs I would find some sort of evidence and they would probably be eating her sister's eggs as well. Also, the days are getting longer, not shorter. I don't care if she's not laying, I just want her to be happy and healthy. What could be going on?

Thank you!

I haven't noticed her comb changing and she still hasn't laid. I don't think she's stressed because their environment hasn't changed at all and my other chicken is still laying (she's a champ!). How long should this break be?

Got a pic?

If my young white leghorns molt, then I'm guessing what seems like about 3 weeks. I see stories on here where peoples chickens quit laying far longer than that but it could be the breed too.

Got a pic?

If my young white leghorns molt, then I'm guessing what seems like about 3 weeks. I see stories on here where peoples chickens quit laying far longer than that but it could be the breed too.
Hmm ok. She's the one in the front of my profile pic, I'll see if I can get a better picture of her

Back
Top Bottom