My leukemia's back.

Hey! :frow I've been having fun on that hatch a long. My arm is coming along. I can actually use it more. I'm not 100%, that will take a while. PT is amazing. Not saying it's fun, but when you work for it, it comes along. They say I'm right on track. I haven't read up, I can only say I how and pray that everyone is doing well, we'll enough, or are able to work towards that well. Will do some catching up a bit now. It's late, but I'm up. :)

A few things are going on. Life happens. It goes by so fast. My DH and I were talking about that tonight. While I am in here, I'm going to ask for prayers. My Scotty man, as I lovingly call him often, was just diagnosed with dementia yesterday. I'm heart broken. I've seen signs of it since the first part of last year. Worse by summer. More so by fall, and the last 3 months, , even more so. I did get him to talk about what was going on to his dr. when he went in for his reg. med check. I went with him. It was a good day to go, because sadly it was a bad day for him. Forgetting words, not just once in a while, it happens all day now. Mixes up sentences, puts the wrong word in for the right one, or, trails off... doesn't finish a sentence, or, I often get asked... what is that word? Other things are going on too. Won't get into it all. Has had blood work to rule some things out. Stopped one med, has cut one waay down. Dr. Tested him yesterday because blood work came back good. After the tests in the office were done, he sits back and has .. the .. talk with him. Explains dementia, and that now, while he is able to do a lot of things still, to talk with family as to what he will want done for him down the road. I hadn't cried yet, . . in front of someone else. But I broke down in that office. Needless to say, poor Scott was quiet on the way home, and for quite a while later. I did say yes to an offer while at the office. The Dr had asked if we wanted to pursue even more to rule out anything else. MRI? I nodded my head... Yes! You never know. He could be having mini strokes. Wouldn't be reversible, but could be put on some meds to stop them. He is on a baby aspirin after having a heart valve repaired years ago. This MRI will be next Thursday. Will be interesting to see what it shows. Sorry, long post, it seems I need to talk about it. It seems so unreal. Makes me so sad to see him struggle for memory and to make conversation. Dr will start him on medication after the MRI. Hopefully, it will slow this beast of an illness down.

Hatching, what can I say. Makes me happy.
20180118_171431.jpg
20180118_171700.jpg

Back
Top Bottom