My leukemia's back.

Well you are talking to a guy who loves snow so.....
....got up to 3 degrees this morning but the sun is shining...makes for a beautiful morning. I had to go out a while ago and the calm crisp air felt so clean to breathe....

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about Suzie - hoping and praying that she feels better soon!

Sour, Phil; it is nice that snow has visual appeal, isn't it? We've had something like 7 or 8 inches of rain in the last 36 hours; the resulting mud and mess doesn't really bear looking at. I'm just thankful that it wasn't frozen precip - that much liquid in frozen form would do an incredible amount of damage, and would have this area shut down for at least a week!

Bunny, you guys sure have had the rain the past several months. Is all that normal for you guys or has it been especially wet?

The weather here can vary quite a bit - we have had a few years recently that were only prevented from going down as "severe drought" by a hurricane or two. But this kind of rain has been simply outrageous. The average rainfall for the entire month of February is less than 4 inches; to get more than that in a single day at this time of year is unreal (though the "official" total won't be nearly that high - Critter and I think the rain gauge at the airport is under the eaves of the building, since it can register only a trace of rain when half of the county gets flooded).

We got 2.5" yesterday and that was plenty...I don't envy you getting that 4".

I'm sorry to hear about Suzie - hoping and praying that she feels better soon!

Sour, Phil; it is nice that snow has visual appeal, isn't it? We've had something like 7 or 8 inches of rain in the last 36 hours; the resulting mud and mess doesn't really bear looking at. I'm just thankful that it wasn't frozen precip - that much liquid in frozen form would do an incredible amount of damage, and would have this area shut down for at least a week!
yeah you can't handle that kind of snow....here that doesn't stop anything...funny how it is on different
Parts of the country things are. Here they have an army of snow plows that run 24/7.... I've gotten up and gone to work in 36" if snow no big deal...but it's what I'm used too. It's rare to see a 2 wheel drive truck around here.
But I cannot take the heat that you guys get either..

We've had somewhere between 12 and 15" today.  
:).....love the snow...

I'm getting ready to head to bed for the night....
frow.gif
Good night, John-boy!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom