My leukemia's back.

but what really worked was what she was too polite to suggest--dropping a heckuva lot of weight.
Polite? I suppose but as your doctor, it really is her responsibility to be honest and straightforward with you. You get to decide if you want to listen. In any case, congrats on the weight loss and improved health!!!!!

They wouldn't do the surgery because they had no money & no insurance.
Gotta love the medical system in the good old USA. You have money or insurance no problem; no money, no insurance, start looking for a casket.

My Dad had a triple some years back. He's doing great, 91 now. I hope the same will be true for your brother.

My mom was one of the first women in the country to have bypass surgery done. Hers was done by one of the pioneers of the procedure, Dr. Lilihi. (I probably spelled that wrong) She was in the hospital up in Minneapolis for weeks. They said the bypass would extend her life by 3-5 years. She lived long enough to have a second one performed, and a heart valve replaced. We lost her when she was 58.

My sister Linda had her bypass done 2 years into her dialysis. When I think of how far the technology has taken us, and the success rates for people with other medical issues besides, it amazes me.

g morn roo .gif

Back
Top Bottom