My leukemia's back.

My brother ( legally blind in one eye) has implanted pacemaker, d-fib whatever things and insulin pump) just getting discharged from hospital this evening. Had to have 3 stents put in, I don't know if he has any more places to put them. He has always been very stoic and bounces back.

But I just talked to him by phone and he sounds defeated. He said he's going to get everything organized for him to retire from work. He's never been like this and I am really scared. He is 69 his birthday is June 24.

We are Jewish but, I don't think that matters when people pray. Please pray for him. I would appreciate it so very much.
So sorry!! :hugs

I really haven't wanted to post this, but denial can only take you so far.......

Some of my byc family remembers I was diagnosed with leukemia in June 13. I did all the chemo and had a clean bone marrow in Feb 14, indicating remission. Well, that didn't last. My labs started dropping and I had another bone marrow biopsy, it confirmed I'm relapsed. I go back to OHSU in Portland on Tuesday for induction chemo again. This means a 4-6 week stay, 250 miles from home
sad.png
. It's going to be quite a challenge for my family. My honey's having a hard time not being able to be with me, but he's got to hold down the fort at home. The boys aren't happy, of course, but at least we've had some warning this time. After Induction and some more chemo, they'll be looking for a bone marrow donor since I don't have appropriate siblings. This whole process is going to take a long, long time.

I know God's got my back with this, and it's His plan no matter what happens. It's just hard being so far from my family. And then even when I can come home, I'll be immune compromised and have to live like a germaphobe again--most of you know I'm pretty much the opposite of that!

So, I'd again encourage anyone who is able to donate blood. Not specifically for me, but for everyone like me out there who relies on a transfusion to keep going.

All my friends who are praying folk--your prayers are always accepted! For those who aren't praying people, feel free to start any time
hugs.gif
🙏🏻🙏🏻 Right now!

My brother ( legally blind in one eye) has implanted pacemaker, d-fib whatever things and insulin pump) just getting discharged from hospital this evening. Had to have 3 stents put in, I don't know if he has any more places to put them. He has always been very stoic and bounces back.

But I just talked to him by phone and he sounds defeated. He said he's going to get everything organized for him to retire from work. He's never been like this and I am really scared. He is 69 his birthday is June 24.

We are Jewish but, I don't think that matters when people pray. Please pray for him. I would appreciate it so very much.
I'm praying for him.
Actually, I'm praying for all of us right now.🙃

Praying!

Also need prayers.. for my sister....Going to post in a few places....Glad I got my sister home from the nursing home before anything could get started there with the virus. A few nursing homes have it going through. She's in transition now. Only a short time left. Glad I could have her here to spoil her. I'm going to miss that sweet giggle of hers. Prayers that this part can go smoothly for her..she's had it more rough than some having stopped dialysis. 5 weeks yesterday. Keeping her sleepy. This is hard.

Back
Top Bottom