My little boy napping on me.

He is gorgeous but I am scared to have white chickens here. The only birds I have ever lost to coyotes were white. šŸ˜”
We have a resident hawk that lives in a tree behind our house. My big boys are good at keeping the hens safe. It's definitely a gamble. They don't have a huge amount of open land. They roam from up against our house with open back yard and some fencing and it goes right up to the coop and covered run.

I'm actually bringing the young chickens back in the house at evening time. The mosquitoes and no-see-ums are so bad my poor birds can't rest without scratching. It's not bad in the coop but these babies aren't integrated with the big flock yet so I crate them inside at night to sleep. At least any night time predators won't get them!! Lol

View attachment 3671183
He is the most lovable little guy. He's catching fowl pox from the big boys unfortunately.

Yes they do. Large to jumbo size. These Delawares I have are poor representation of the breed. They are too small. They should be much larger at this age. They will make excellent loving pets though. Every single bird of this breed I have is exactly like Captain. More cuddly than my Wyandottes.
He is SO adorable!!! :love Thanks for sharing him!

You guys are lucky to have cuddllebugs. My chickens are not pets, but that's okay. I still enjoy them.
Most of mine are not pet chickens. Not cuddly at all. My Delawares are ultra cuddly, my Wyandottes are semi cuddly, Polish is a bit cuddly and my brown leghorn boys are not happy to be caught but will sit on my lap like gentlemen and be polite.
IMG_20231026_182222574.jpg

This is Teddy sitting on my lap like a gentleman. He's not happy but he's polite.

Back
Top Bottom