My little chick-a-dees

Hi, my name is Judy Hawkins. I currently live in Northern California in the Sierra Foothills. I grew up on a small chicken ranch in Simi Valley, Southern Cal) selling our fresh eggs to neighbors. I've always had a warm spot in my heart for chickens and I love picking up the eggs. We currently live on 2.5 acres with a vineyard, barn, granny flat, and 3 bedroom house. I thought I'd retire before I got them but just couldn't wait any longer. I got my chickens a year ago. I have 12 hens and a rooster. Not sure what they all are. I can't find my list right now but I love sitting with them and talking to them while they eat out of my hands. Except for the rooster, Mick, he hates me and attacks every chance he gets. I keep him because I think it is so cute how he herds his hens in when he thinks there is danger.
On Father's Day, I added 9 Silkies to my family.
I've been married 43 years, we have a son and a daughter, 1 grandson, 2 small Shizpoo male dogs, and 1 cat. Other than chickens I like to quilt, drink wine, cook, work outside,
I found this site while looking up a goopy eye problem with one of my Silkies.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom