my little chick is dead, I dont know why

juangotachicken

Songster
Mar 4, 2020
hi, yeah, it was on the floor on the corner

and its dead, I turned it around to check if it has any bites or a clue to why it died

but I dont see anyinthg, I just see the eyes are kinda dead, kinda looks like a fluffy toy, doesnt look real

and ants are crawling

I got a video, but I duno if thats disrespectful

why do u think it died?

the other three chicks that hang out with that chick, that born around the same time, they are running around

I m abit sad

hatched at 20 serpetmenber , so now theya re 6 weeks

night time in plastic box in living room

at morning, let them out, bring them bak in around 5 pm

was thinkin maybe puting a vid is abit bad, but I thought how will I know wat hapened

anwyays heres a vid, but not sure can get much info form the vid

at 47 seconds u can see like I duno if its pudle? near the head at botom left of screen, or that was there before

and heres a vid of two days ago, first time they did dirt baths

was gona give to animal sanctuary few daus agp, since aprents gave them too me abit ago
but I cant keep cleaning the shed, and I have to go back to city soon maybe

but most of the sanctuaries are full, and also duno how to transport, all are 2 hours or 4 hours away

my mum said to give to person we brought from 10 min away, she likes chickens
n doesnt kill them, just takes egg, but said sometimes eat the male ones

also said a cat came recently in the pen and killed 16 chcikens

so I dont know how to make more security for the pen

Il ring sometimes to see how chiks are, and stuf, maybe I can get back in future, but she said chickens dont live that long, maybe 3 years, also person in recent coment said sometiems they die out of nowere

It might have been injured by the previous cat attack, but it is hard to tell.

As you cannot take proper care yourself, I think it would be best to give them so someone who is actually on-site to care for them.

Best wishes.

sorry I mean the person that Im giving to, she has chickens, and a cat went in her pen and killed 16 chickens

I dont know how to improve the security of her pen

Sorry about your chickens. You live and learn, and maybe you will be able to have some chickens in the future, but I don't think you are ready for them right now and if giving them back is your only option, that is what is best for your family and for your chickens.

the person took the chickesn an abit ago

I asked her number, so can ring her sometiems, see how the chickens are

she doesnt eat them, just the eggs, but sometiems eat the male ones
so woried about the rooster
but worried about when she said the cat went in her chicken pen and killed 16 chikns

do u know of ways to improve her pen?

sorry I mean the person that Im giving to, she has chickens, and a cat went in her pen and killed 16 chickens

I dont know how to improve the security of her pen
Oh, I got it wrong then and thought the attack happened at your/your mothers place.

As I do not know how her pens look like, I cannot suggest improvements at the moment.
Maybe you could have her send you some pictures to post here and we will see if we can come up with some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom