My little lap warmers - PIC!

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
Tribble is our newest hen. She's 2+ month old bantam cochin with a twisted beak. When we got her about a week ago (craigslist), we weren't sure if she could walk. The second she saw the cat (Rudy), that theory was disproven because she TOOK OFF. It turned out she was just scared. Since then, any time he hangs out under a bush in the yard (he's NOT interested in the chickens), she clucks & sends up an alarm. Somehow, I think that may stop soon.

Tonight Tribble got in my lap of her own volition for only the second time. Rudy wanted lap time, too. After circling me a few times, he made his move.

My DBF nearly fell over when he came into the backyard & saw this:
post3.jpg

Last edited:
aww how cute -- I have a few banty cochins in my yard and we are still working on the whole trust thing even though I have had them for a few months now - but tomorrow is treat day so we shall see LOL

That is a super cute pic!!
big_smile.png

Your kitty reminds me so much of my late Aneesa ...she had the same kind of heart ......she didn't mean any harm, but she didn't care too much for other "babies" being in her Momma's lap ..so she'd join right in!
wink.png

I have quite a few bantam Cochins and they are some of the friendliest chicks I have had. I open the door to the coop and they will fly right on to my shoulder and sit there until I put the feed out. I can walk around and feed all the other coops of chicks and they go for a little ride! But, now the roo is a different story , he is sweet but he is mean to the hens! Gives my hens a rough time.
Your photo is so sweet....I think its great of you to take a chick with a cross beak and raise it. It does take more time to care for those. Keep up posted on how she and the can does......
thumbsup.gif

That is so sweet.

We have two house cats (the boys) and one indoor outdoor cat(my girl) I am amazed that they show little interest in the chicks. I had Audrey on my shoulder last week while I sat on the couch. All three cats were on the couch with me. And my girl even climbed onto my lap. The boys will sit on the back of the couch and seem to think nothing of the chicken just inches away. The dog on the other hand.
roll.png
Herding breed + chickens not going to work. They have to be separated

Back
Top Bottom