My little one isn't gonna make it.

Deltabwa

Songster
5 Years
Oct 30, 2016
Southeast Montana
Had chicks delivered Friday, I've already lost both Mills Fleurs and now 1 of the straight runs isn't gonna make it. She's been with a hen and found her lethargic this morning. This afternoon, still sleeping while standing, while the others ran around and played. Brought it in, gave it some nutridrench an hr ago bit i think its too far gone. I noticed yesterday it was trying to eat June bugs. I'm wondering if it didn't eat the grit I threw in with them and momma didn't teach them. She was feeding them the June bugs. None of the others are sick but think this one went over board. It's been like this pic since this morning 20170604_162748.jpg

Had chicks delivered Friday, I've already lost both Mills Fleurs and now 1 of the straight runs isn't gonna make it. She's been with a hen and found her lethargic this morning. This afternoon, still sleeping while standing, while the others ran around and played. Brought it in, gave it some nutridrench an hr ago bit i think its too far gone. I noticed yesterday it was trying to eat June bugs. I'm wondering if it didn't eat the grit I threw in with them and momma didn't teach them. She was feeding them the June bugs. None of the others are sick but think this one went over board. It's been like this pic since this morningView attachment 1031265
Did you put all of them with the hen? Did the hen seem to accept them ok? The milli fleur are so small----I have always brooded them without a problem. I am sure if they are with a hen, they are getting grit if there is any bare dirt around. Sorry for your loss.

I have 2 broody, I split them up between the 2 and yup. Took to them great. The M.F's, 1 died within hrs and the other died this morning. Same deal, knew it was gonna yesterday. This guy was a surprise cuz it was so full of energy yesterday. One of the most robust of them all.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom