My little small holding is growing

Walpolesh

Hatching
Aug 21, 2016
Hi

I have a broody hen sitting on eggs very happily however recently one of the other hens keeps attacking her :( any advice??

Thanks for that we are going to separate her I think. We've had issues with the flock since our dominant hen died. It seems like they are battling for power, is this common

Hi thanks for all your help appreciate it
I now have two chickens that won't get up on the perch. They are nesting like broody hens over night but out and about during the day. What should I do?

Welcome to BYC. It's great to have you! I agree with everyone else, I've had mamas and chicks attacked and even killed when they were left to brood with the flock.

Hi thanks for all your help appreciate it
I now have two chickens that won't get up on the perch. They are nesting like broody hens over night but out and about during the day. What should I do?

Could be laziness, or overcrowding of the roost. This can also be indicative of a health issue. Give them a good physical examination and make sure they seem healthy, and consider adding another roost to your coop. I've also had hens who simply decided they didn't want to roost anymore, not often, but occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom