My Lonely Splash Ameraucana....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by steffpeck, Aug 27, 2008.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    is not so lonely anymore!!! After a terrible hatch over the weekend with my Ameraucana eggs, which was totally my fault, that ended with my one little splash chick, I was able to get 23 Ameraucana chicks that hatched Sunday & Monday from Pips&Peeps. They came today and they are SO cute!!! I can't wait to see them grow up!! And if fast feathering is any indication of girls, I have a lot of girls. WOOHOO!!!

Here is my little Splash that I named Madison "Maddie" for short, after Madison from the movie Splash, with Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks. [​IMG]
    I hope she is a girl!! Her feathers are coming in like crazy, so I am guessing that she is a she. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here is a shot of my brooder to show you the gang....

[​IMG]

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG]

They are wonderful!...I just love their fluffy faces...enjoy!

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Aww, congrats!

4. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Thanks!! I really am having fun with them. They are so cute!!

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I will be looking forward to you sharing more pics of her highness! I can't imagine what a splash look likes. They are such sweet hens and very caring roos. My ex roo , even when he sees me now remembers me, crows for me and shows me his new girls. Never bothers any person with meaness. They are sweet birds. Good luck with all of your new brood.[​IMG] congrats!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She's beautiful. I also have a Maddie, but she's a BR.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by