My lovely birds

Quote:
Haha, no pressure
smile.png
I just love seeing everyone's pets.

The picture was in Cozumel Mexico, I went on a cruise in November and got to swim with dolphins. It was amazing!!!

This is my mutt roo Merry as in Merry & Pippen from Lord of the Rings. When he hatched he had the furriest feet so the kids said he was a hobbit. his momma was a white silkie and his daddy was a grey-ish blue bantam cochin. He is the sweetest boy unless he thinks his girls are threatened. Very gentlemanly with the ladies and always very calm and gentle with people.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25270_merri.jpg

Oh he is goergious (SP?). He looks like a furrier version of one of my mixed roosters, the one someone gave me.
I have been to cozemel! I got stung by a jelly fish while snorkling! hehehehe

Ouch! I hear that hurts.

This is what hte pair looked like as day olds, can you see how furry thos feet are?

25270_merrie_pippin_a_little_over_a_day_old.jpg

ETA: I loved Merrie's "eyeshadow" He was such a cutie patootie!

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh he is goergious (SP?). He looks like a furrier version of one of my mixed roosters, the one someone gave me.
I have been to cozemel! I got stung by a jelly fish while snorkling! hehehehe

Ouch! I hear that hurts.

This is what hte pair looked like as day olds, can you see how furry thos feet are?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25270_merrie_pippin_a_little_over_a_day_old.jpg

ETA: I loved Merrie's "eyeshadow" He was such a cutie patootie!

Oh yeah they are adorable! The sting didn't hurt that bad. It was very mild. I never saw the darn thing but I did manage to catch it on camera by accident. still have the picture somewhere.

Quote:
I live in Alaska, our water is cold, all the time. I was so amazed to step into the water and feel how warm it was. It was in an enclosed area, open air but had "fences" keeping the dolphins in. The enclosure walls had grates built in so the water is constantly refreshing with the natural sea water. there were even fish swimming in among the dolphins. It was quite the experience.

Quote:
I live in Alaska, our water is cold, all the time. I was so amazed to step into the water and feel how warm it was. It was in an enclosed area, open air but had "fences" keeping the dolphins in. The enclosure walls had grates built in so the water is constantly refreshing with the natural sea water. there were even fish swimming in among the dolphins. It was quite the experience.

Yeah, the gulf is warm year round. It also makes the warmth perfect for predators and all sorts of baddies. I loved snorkeling and free diving. Wish I could still do it but doubt my body could handle it any more.

Back
Top Bottom