my male cracke dall the eggs!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pekinduck<3er, Jun 8, 2011.

1. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

my male cayuga cracke 4 of my cayuga hens eggs!why did he do this she didnt she loved her eggs? and how to stop him from doing?

2. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    I had Muscovys do that - they wanted to breed the mother while she was on the nest. The nest was high off the ground and the eggs would roll off and crack. You'll have to find a way to keep him away from her.

3. pekinduck<3er

aww any more advice or stories he doesnt mate her any more much so that couldnt be what up and how to stop

4. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    separate the male.

5. pekinduck<3er

i might try that but i only have two ducks it would probably stress my hen out.. or him i only have 1 coop and i cant seperate itn or build another.... so what now?

6. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    It probably wont stress your hen, she'll be concentrating on hatching her eggs. Maybe put a devider in your coop or maybe get your hen a nesting box in which only she can enter, one that your male wont fit into. If you put a devider (such as chicken wire) in the coop though, they'll both be able to still see each other and probably wont get upset

7. pekinduck<3er

Hmmm ok i dk if my dad will do that since hes not really happy about hathing anything so idk

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by