My Mille Fleur hatch

orionburn

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
South Bend, IN
Here's some pics of my first ever try at incubating. Have to say I love the Brinsea. It really is a set it and forget it (other than checking the water from time to time). I probably had close to 30 eggs initially and split them out between my Brinsea Mini and an old LG bator a friend gave us. Quite a few of the eggs were more than two weeks old, so I put the most recently laid eggs in the Brinsea and the rest in the LG. Eventually ended up with 9 that started to really develop. So far 7 out of 9 have hatched. Not expecting the last two to hatch, but you never know. May just be slow pokes.
big_smile.png

Now have 7 out of 9 that have hatched. I really doubt the last two are going to hatch. They were growing but may have stopped a day or two ago for whatever reason, but that happens. 7 out of 9 isn't too bad. I candled them again and didn't see any movement. I'll leave them in the bator for at least another day and see what happens.

98370305.jpg

7c50af7c.jpg

37dbaff4.jpg

2f41c972.jpg

Moved over to the new home to finish drying out:

a4d88dec.jpg

If you're bored a video of two hatching at almost the exact same time. They make it out around the 2:45 mark (click picture to launch) -

Wanted to also say a special thanks to Nancy for all her help and providing the eggs for me. Most important lesson learned from this - leave 'em alone!
lau.gif
Some of the chicks pipped and were out two hours later while one took around 28 hours from the initial pip to get out. I won't be doing any further hatches this year, but already looking forward to next year and doing this again. I'm glad I stayed home this morning. Chances are the last two won't hatch and I would have missed out on watching the 4 that came out today.

Quote:
All Mille Fleur d'uccles. My goal was to get a good roo and a couple of hens to breed with another set of Millies that I have. Next year I'll be hatching like crazy.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom