My miracle babies are here! OH WOW! Born by ceasarean!

I might be interested... where can I find out more about these birds?
smile.png

~Cherlyn

Quote:
I got them from a Man who lives near me thruogh a massive stroke of luck and chain of coincidences!

Beem after hatching eggs for a while, found some on e-bay, they were duds. Kept asking around but to no avail. Bumped in to a freidn of a friend in Asda, I couldn't actually remember who she was but she knew me and we g0t chatting! Said her Husband was a farmer. I asked if he had chickens.........the rest is history! She kindly gave me his number and I gace him a rather random and unusual phone call! Being the fantastic person he is, he gave me 6 eggs. Unfortunately, the hatch failed. This wonderful man then gave me and my Daughter 4 of his day old chicks to make up for it. One sadly died at 3 days old. They turned out to be 2 hens and a Cock. He called me few months later, when our chickens had been moved to the shed ("Peckingham Palace") and asked if I'd foster a little pullet that was at his friends farm and was getting rejected. Of course we did, and this goreous little hen is the Superstar who has now given us our babies.

I only took an interest really in what breed they were when they started getting their beautiful orange feathers, and he told me they were Miniature Ginger Oxford Game, rare, and that him and another farmer were re-introducing the breed to England. The few he gave me were ones that didn't quite meet the standard....obviously he wants the "perfect" type for breeding with. Bonny is the more true to type one. We, obviously, don't care!

That is all I know because I simply cannot find out anything else about them!

Don't want to keep pestering the poor man, he's done enough as it is.

Be sure that if and when I do find out about them, I'll let you know!

We are going to show Rusty at Penistone Country Show this year, haven't a clue what requirements he meets but he's gorgeous and maybe the judges and enthusiasts there can educate us!

I'll send you some eggs if you want!

Here are a few new pictures for those of you are interested in my unusual breed! Impossible to get good ones because they're never still.

12647_bonny_nesting.jpg

Here is Bonny the Mother sitting on her laundry basket nest!

She is typical of the Miniature Ginger Oxford Game Hen.

12647_twin_babies.jpg

The twins! Few days old now.

12647_hens.jpg

My ladies. Bonny-the pedigree! And Eggletina and Henrietta.

Beautiful - all of it. The grown up birds. The little munchkins. Your love for them. This was a wonderful post to read with my morning coffee before getting serious about work!
JJ

Oh thank you so much!

Such a lovely message. All my friends think I'm crazy.......most of them don't have any interests other than going out, shopping, etc etc....it's great to have this website with lovely people like you on it to indulge my favourite passtime!

I adore my chickens, as you can tell. Your message and all the other messages I've received have really made me smile.

I'm taking the babies to my Daughter's school now for show and tell....how sweet! Hopefully I'll get a few little converts!

Thank you, have a good day!

How interesting and lovely to go over these posts! The babies are 12 days old now and are an absolute joy to behold. Not a day goes by when I don't realise how lucky we are to have such gorgeous little miracles.

They have both grown splendid little flight feathers on their wings and are just beautiful.

I'm going to try and get some good pictures tomorrow and put them up for you all to see.

Amazing how fast they grow up!

Thanks for all your lovely messages Guys!

xxx

Those are such beautiful birds you have!! I think thats great, you helping the little ones out like that. I'm so happy it turned out as well as it did. I guess you have "the touch" huh?
tongue.png
I've got 3 in my little bator, due this Sunday, my first time, I hope all goes well too. Enjoy your little loves, the pictures are wonderful!!

Back
Top Bottom