My Mom

lexustami

Songster
12 Years
Jun 14, 2007
St. Clairsville, OH
Hello all,

First... a little history. My Mom is 72.

My Mom was diagnosed with colon cancer in the summer of 2004. She had surgery and they found she had 2 different types of cancer. One was colon cancer but the other cancer was rare and was found on her ureter. They removed 1 kidney, part of her colon, her appendix and did a complete hysterectomy. She did chemo for a while but it made her too sick. She recovered nicely.

The next summer while she was getting her yearly checkups they found that they (radiologist) had missed her breast cancer. The next week my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. He died less than 6 months later.

They removed the cancer from her breast. She had chemo again but she didn't get the radiation because of everything that was going on with my Dad. The Dr's felt it was more important for her to feel well enough to spend the last couple of months with my Dad.

I got a phone call from her tonight. Her oncologist called and they found some nodules during her last round of tests. The nodules are on her thyroid, behind her bladder and somewhere else she couldn't remember. She also has another lump in her breast.

She moved to TN last year but kept all of her Florida dr's. She commutes for her Dr's appts. She is flying back to Florida tomorrow to get more tests done.

I was just hoping that you all could send some good thoughts her way. She really needs them.

Thanks.

Tami

Me too!

Moms are precious. Mine has been gone for 5 and a half years and I miss her so. Will you give your mom a hug for me?

It sounds like your mom is a fighter and doesn't give up easily. I pray she will get the treatment she needs, to live long and feel good!
This has to be VERY HARD for you, not to be able to be with her. (I see you're in Ohio)
Remember to take care of yourself too!! She needs her "cheer leader" to be well to encourage her!

hugs.gif

My thoughts are with you all.

I lost my mom almost 23 years ago to cancer, I understand what you're going though.

Back
Top Bottom