My month old keets

Thanks so much. We have worked hard on it. I am praying that once I start letting them out they will come back in the evenings how long should I let them stay in it before I let them out? They are almost two months old.

Thanks so much. We have worked hard on it. I am praying that once I start letting them out they will come back in the evenings how long should I let them stay in it before I let them out? They are almost two months old.
You could start letting one or two out and leave the others in. And everyday randomly one or two out then back in.. After while you can expand but you'll be able to watch and gauge how they act and eventually when they all go out start for shorter periods and work up. If there are treats they like throw some in when they go back in. Baby steps work best.

If you’re supervising and herding them back in as it gets dark, then about any time for short periods. Do they put themselves into the coop at night?

Yes close to dark they will go in the coop 👏🏻 I get home around 5. Is that too late to let a few out?
When I started training mine to coop up I made a little fence at first then let them out the pop door 1-2 hr before dusk. It was a lousy temporary fence so I watched them while out. I would very gently herd them in about 15 min before dusk. That got them into the habit of using the pop door to coop up for roosting time. Now my adults train the keets, but I’m still around to herd them in at first as they can get very confused about pop doors. Best of luck with your coop training!

That looks pretty functional to me - and I like that you have a run!
I need more advice. My flock is two months old and all of a sudden all of them are picking and nipping at one Guinea. I have put her in that smaller coop I had and put one Guinea with her. It isn’t picking on her in the small coop but I dont want to keep that coop. Was going to sell it. What should I do about them picking on her? Why are they picking on her?

Much better.
I need more advice. My flock is two months old and all of a sudden all of them are picking and nipping at one Guinea. I have put her in that smaller coop I had and put one Guinea with her. It isn’t picking on her in the small coop but I dont want to keep that coop. Was going to sell it. What should I do about them picking on her? Why are they picking on her?

Quote Reply
Report •••
Prev

SmiliesBoldText colorFont sizeFont familyItalicListAlignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
More options…
Insert imageQuoteInsert linkMediaMore options…

DraftsMore options…
Preview

Strike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerParagraph formatInline code
Insert GIFGallery embedAMS: Article/Page/Series embedInsert horizontal lineInsert tableSpoilerCode
UndoToggle BB codeRemove formatting

Write your reply...
Attach files