My Mother's MRI- Not gone?!?!?!!?

FluffyColor

Crowing
12 Years
May 31, 2009
Queens, NY
My mother had her MRI today. The results were that it (the brain tumor) wasn't gone but was "in remission" which means the treatments had a small effect. It shrunk 2 centimeters. I was like a decimeter long and 87 centimeters wide before the treatment. She STILL CANNOT DRIVE!!! My chicks almost starved because of that. She couldn't volunteer in anything at school, and my dad had to cart her everywhere. Including to treatments every day for six weeks, five days a week. All that work for 20 millimeters gone.

I cannot believe we went through all that work for almost nothing. Now we have to go back for a bunch of doctor visits, and if it grows she needs more chemo.The doctors are acting like there's nothing wrong because they don't want to worry me and my brother. Really, the thing's stuck in her head and we can't get it out.
barnie.gif
Her parents died of cancer and I really miss them too. (Before I start my next sentence, I have to say I am NOT blaming the poster of the thread mentioned. They didn't know the link they posted could upset some people and I am sorry if they come across this thread and feel belittled.
hugs.gif
I am also aware they did not create the link.) When I saw the thread "333 ways to get kicked out of WalMart" and way number four kind of upset me:

4. Go up to some old geezer and say "Grandpa!! You're ALIVE!! It's a MIRACLE!"

That reminded me of my grandfather and when I saw old people in the waiting room I felt like crying.
hit.gif
I know, here I am almost three years later upset over it. I just can't believe the same thing is inside my mother as it was in my grandparents.
hit.gif

I better shut up now. I'm just really sad.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
In tumor terms, a shrinkage of 2 cm is a lot.

Your mother needs your support and care. If she can't drive she can't drive. I am sorry about your chicks, but you must see that she comes first. The last thing she needs to think about right now is feeding your chicks or volunteering for anything.

Do you know someone who can take your chicks in for a while? Or find a family friend to help you get to the feed store for food?

My sister had Radiation Therapy for her lung cancer 4 years ago. At the end of her sessions she ws told that the tumor would continue to shrink for up to 6 months afterwards...... please don't give up hope, just give it some time to do it's "magic". Thanks to the therapy she is still here. She is not a chemo candidate so that was the only tool in her aresenal to beat this .

That is great that it shrank the treatments were not for nothing. Be strong for your Mother she needs all the suport she can get right now. I had a brain tumor removed 5 years ago. Did not know wether it was cancerous until the surgery to remove it. That was a long 2 months. I was so blessed that my tumor was not cancerous. But at the time I had a 1yr old and a 2 yr old and was terrified. I feel very simpathetic to your mom and I pray that she will beat this how ever she has to. Just be there for her and do what ever she needs this is such a tough time for her.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I would be sad too. The chicks are important to you and that is likely your only way of coping...maybe a neighbor could help out. Don't feel bad about your mom not volunteering, I know you probably just miss the interaction with her, but go easy on her. You have folks here to vent to and I am glad you chose the right outlet for that. Sometimes modern medicine does not work as fast as we think it should. It must be super scarey after losing loved ones to this monster already, but hang in there sweetie, we're all pulling for your mom...and YOU!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Lots of hugs coming your way and many best wishes. Life isn't easy at times, is it? I hope your mom gets better soon.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom