my mumble making the big time?? pic included

I dont know enough about them but she is very pretty and looks like she could be show quality, there are some great silkie people here so you will know soon. Where in NY? I always ask that when I see someone is from here too, since it seems like there are so few of us
smile.png
I am in westchester.

There are several poultry shows in NY. The next one is near Buffalo in May & the one after that is in Syracuse in June.
That said, your bird is a well cared for pet-quality Silkie, not a show bird.
Also, Peking Duck is a dish in a Chinese Restaurant, your duck is a Pekin. Makes a big difference if you're the duck in question.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Each different breed is judged against a standard description accepted for the breed. Your bird does not conform to the accepted standard for a Silkie therefore it is a pet quality bird not a show quality bird. It will do everything a chicken needs to do except compete successfully in a show.

She is VERY pretty so is the duck!!!

One question though is their bedding pine? You might wanna switch to another bedding type than that...it can really hurt thier respiratory tracts (but it's better than cedar atleast).

I agree to showing her you have nada to loose and only knowledge and FUn to gain!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom