My Murray McMurray Hatchery Review.

how old are they now??? Did they all turn out to be the sex/breed you wanted??

This year i tried mcmurray, and now that my chicks are 6 months old i am very disappointing. Its not like i was expecting breeder quality birds, but i still ended up with birds with obvious mixed heritage. Barred rocks, dark cornish, and cochins with wrong colors. Also i ordered nearly 20 sexed females, 5 unsexed, and 6 roosters. 8 of the sex females turned out to be roosters, and 1 of the roosters turned out to be a girl. I sure didn't pay extra for sexed females to get males!! Also, the entirely missed 2 breeds, some WLR cornish and silver laced cochins didn't come. Overall, i wasn't impressed, but from every one else ive heard good reviews. maybe i just got them on a bad day, lol.
Vent sexing is considered 90% accurate with some breeds being harder to vent sex than others. Most hatcheries will refùnd for the roosteŕs. Vent sexing is hardin the best circumstancès

Just received an order from this hatchery two days ago.
Paid extra for the vaccination process, yet still 50% died within 24hrs to what can only be assumed to be cocci. Two of them were very obviously dying right out of the box, and never touched soil on our property.
All of the telltale signs of coccidiosis.
The chicks were all different breeds as well.

Not using this hatchery again. Very sad and disappointing.
I've seen plenty of others say the same.

Back
Top Bottom