My Muscovy Has died I am so upset and no idea why

Sadiew

Chirping
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Spain
I have 2 muscovey's or should say had and they had been going through molten one was finished and all feathers grew back, she is looking beautiful again but Daisy died suddenly yesterdayand no idea what was wrong, she was fine when I last saw her before bedtime but was dead laying outside her house in morning. I know she was not attacked as area is completely secure and no visual signs of anything wrong, she was eating as normal and had been swimming in her pool earlier in day all as normal, I am so upset I love my ducks and now Darcie is mourning for her she walks a path between the house and pool looking for her its breaking my heart to see. Is it best I get her another companion straight away or would she reject a new one.Anyone any ideas what could have happened to Daisy she was only 17months old.

I will miss you so much Daisy rip my beautiful duck.

I'm really sorry that your Daisy passed away. I know that it really hurts.

Sometimes these things happen and we never know why.

It sounds like she had a very loving home while she was with you.

In general, my ducks are much happier with companions. I've purchased and adopted ducks at various ages and in various numbers (as singles, in pairs, and in groups). However, just as with people, not all ducks love each other.

I would try to find another girl duck soon, though.

I wish you my best,
Amanda

I think a companion would be a very good idea.

Is there someone who could do a necropsy to determine the cause of death? That is something that some universities here do.

Two of my ducks have died of egg yolk peritonitis, which can have absolutely no symptoms prior to death, or there can be a few vague symptoms but nothing conclusive. It is difficult to lose one, I know.

hugs.gif

I have 2 muscovey's or should say had and they had been going through molten one was finished and all feathers grew back, she is looking beautiful again but Daisy died suddenly yesterdayand no idea what was wrong, she was fine when I last saw her before bedtime but was dead laying outside her house in morning. I know she was not attacked as area is completely secure and no visual signs of anything wrong, she was eating as normal and had been swimming in her pool earlier in day all as normal, I am so upset I love my ducks and now Darcie is mourning for her she walks a path between the house and pool looking for her its breaking my heart to see. Is it best I get her another companion straight away or would she reject a new one.Anyone any ideas what could have happened to Daisy she was only 17months old.

I will miss you so much Daisy rip my beautiful duck.
I am so sorry for your loss. Ducks really do take such a large piece of our hearts. I agree with Amiga and Lamar Estate. If you can, find another duck. They may circle each other for a day or two but in the end they will get along fine.

Again, I am so sorry you lost Daisy. My best to you.

I think a companion would be a very good idea.

Is there someone who could do a necropsy to determine the cause of death? That is something that some universities here do.

Two of my ducks have died of egg yolk peritonitis, which can have absolutely no symptoms prior to death, or there can be a few vague symptoms but nothing conclusive. It is difficult to lose one, I know.

hugs.gif

|No one in my area that could do a necropsy.

So, today my adult male Muscovy male died suddenly and randomly. I have no idea why this happened. I never noticed any symptoms to connect diseases to the cause, but I could use some knowledge to show what happened to him. If anyone could help that woud be great!!!

Back
Top Bottom