My mutt geese....

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Mojo Chick'n, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Heya all -

I went to the auction the other week, and got a pair of geese for a friend, but now he decided he doesn't want them, so they get to stay.

I was planning to wait to get geese, and to start with goslings, but these guys are winning me over. Today they warned the chickens and call ducks of a hawk (probably the same hawk that took my female blue call the other day [​IMG] ) I am down to two call ducks (out of 5) a khaki female and a blue drake. I do have eggs in the bator from both hens, though, so hopefully I can get another blue hen out of those.

anyway - I think these guys are embden mixed with brown chinese (no dark bills, though) the female is getting a slight bump just above her bill - the male has a more embden shaped body and face.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, I named them Benny and Joon.

meri

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Benny and Joon! I love it!

Do you feed them tapioca without raisins?

3. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:[​IMG] I ought to offer them some anyway - because ya know, Raisins are humiliated grapes.

No Cindy, you're sick!!! Stop Cindy!!!

[​IMG] I haven't seen the movie in awhile, I ought to haul it out and watch it tomorrow.

4. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I have every right to be here officer, every right!

Salad Shooter!!!

5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    They are cute

6. Mojo Chick'n

My husband about had a fit when I got them at the auction, because the biggest cage I had was still cramping them in the back of the truck - and they were NOT happy [​IMG] . He asked if they were gonna make that noise all the time.

They're actually pretty quiet, unless something invades their yard.

I was afraid they'd be aggressive - but they walk away from you if you walk towards them.

meri

7. Mojo Chick'n

Oh, and totally unrelated, but I can do that cause it's MY thread [​IMG] ...

I candled my call eggs today and in one I saw the heart beating!!! Blew me away, it was so cool!!!!

meri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by