My Mutts?

d0tski

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 10, 2013
Southern Tasmania, Australia
We got these hens and chicks about two weeks ago. The hens are apparently one and two years old, and the chicks are around three weeks (unknown origin). I suspect they're all a bunch of mutts, but maybe it's still worth seeing if you can tell me anything about them :)

MAMA HEN
ajuquzub.jpg

SOME CHICKS
3atyremy.jpg

CHICKS
a4ujy4y5.jpg

CHICKPEA. She's small :)
7ama9ava.jpg

PRISCILLA.
tuzuregy.jpg

IRMA.
agemuhe9.jpg

JULES in the back, Priscilla at the front.
4emy4a8e.jpg

I'M including this one because I think Lefty with its one black wing is cute.
y6edequj.jpg

Thanks for looking at my birdies!

Bec

You are right, most of them are crossbreed chickens though Irma and Jules ( the orange and white hens) are Red Saex Links also commonly known as olden Comets, Cinnamon Queens, and etc..
smile.png

Last edited:
Chickpea is a bantam cochin.

Everyone else looks to be mixed breed hens, and probably several generations mixed. I don't think the red and white ones are necessarily sex links, the coloring looks off to me, I think the color is just coincidence. They all look like fairly deep bodied hens, and are probably nice layers. They're very pretty!

The chicks are way too young to tell gender yet, sorry. Post again when they're around 6ish weeks.

I thought Chickpea might be a Cochin, but I wasn't sure. The place we got them from had lots of different hens, but no roosters. So I'm really not sure what the babies could be at all. It was an elderly couple downsizing after all the kids moved out. The other hens lay nice big eggs. Priscilla's are extra lovely (apparently) as they are announced and celebrated with a great deal of fanfare.

I would definitely like another Cochin or two!

b

Back
Top Bottom