My name is Chicken Little...but what am I?

PurplePalace

Hatching
5 Years
May 12, 2014
I have named this little pullet (hopefully) Chicken Little. She is the littlest of my flock and I have no clue what she is....really I have no clue about all of them. I bought CL from a "breeder" but I can't remember for the life of me what he said she is. I also don't quite understand why she's not growing like the rest. The rest of the flock were bought from a store. Any information about these hopeful ladies (age,breed,sex(maybe?)) would be helpful.

PurplePalace

Hatching
5 Years
May 12, 2014
After doing some searching of pictures I believe that's what she is as well. I also do agree that she may be a bantam. I guess time will tell. I am still clueless about the others? I am so very new at this. :/

BantamLover21

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Your red chicks are probably production reds. Chicken Little is an EE bantam, and it is possible that the striped chicks are EE large-fowl. Or they could be Light Brown Leghorns or Welsummers; those breeds look very similar as chicks.

PurplePalace

Hatching
5 Years
May 12, 2014
Are these all good egg layers? Also is there any way to tell their age? I have been doing a lot of searching and I am trying to figure out if I can age them by their feathers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom