My neighbor is getting rid of their chickens.

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
They called to see if I might want to have some. I've given them some in the past so they figured they'd ask.

Of course I said yes. Was there really any other possible answer?
gig.gif

I'll go over tomorrow and see what they have. I know I'm getting back a trio of bantam ducks and a roo that they got from me long ago that needs some lovin'. Other than that, hopefully some hens.
big_smile.png

Eep! Chicken sale in my own backyard!
pop.gif

Definitely! Just went to get them. She said I can take whatever I want. I left some b/c her husband told a guy at work he could have some, but brought home the bantam cochins (they originally came from me or are descendants of mine), a trio of ducks, a trio of oegb, some large laying hens that I'm unsure the breed of, an (what I assume is) EE pair and a large light blue cochin hen. I think that's it? hehe And two cages. She said I could take the feeders and waterers, but I told her to call me once they no longer needed them. I urged her to put them on craigslist, but they were just done and didn't want to deal with it. They wouldn't let me pay for the birds either, since I'd given them a lot in the past.

I told them any time they need/want eggs, as long as they're laying, come on over and get some. It's the least I can do.

Last edited:
Here are pictures, the only ones I don't know the breed of are the large orangish/black girls. (Didn't take duck pics. They look just like my other australian spotteds.)

My son is going to be THRILLED when he gets home. This is the son of DS's fav. roo ever (deceased).
Picture1466995.jpg

One of the daughters of the same roo
Picture1466996.jpg

These are the hatchlings of the above roo x buff hens. I think they're gorgeous...and she'll make a good broody, despite being unpure color. ;-) This line has the broodiest genes I've ever experienced!
Picture1466997.jpg

One of the two little oegb girls (washed out by flash)
Picture1466998.jpg

Their man
Picture1467000.jpg

These are? I have no idea. Neighbor said they lay a light brown egg.
Picture1467001.jpg

Picture1467002.jpg

Young EE? roo
Picture1467003.jpg

Giant barred x light blue cochin, she is still quite young, not old enough to lay, yet.
Picture1467005.jpg

Picture1467006.jpg

The Blue EE? pullet that is especially pleasing to me. I just love blues!
Picture1467008.jpg

My neighbor came over today and offered me their 2 hens!!!

I don't want them.... they'd beat my silkies all over the yard! LOL

You want 'em!?
tongue.png

If I was close enough, I'd be there in a hot minute!
gig.gif
A friend lives near you, though and I think I've mapquested I'm about 3-4hrs from you. I have done that trip for chickens before, but for a little more than 2 chickens!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom