My Nesting Boxes for 4 Hens

iwiw60

Crowing
5 Years
Jan 27, 2014
Central Oregon
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but I wanted to share the final decision I finally made to make two nesting boxes for my 4 BA soon-to-be-laying ladies...

Here's the short video on how to make these up from start to finish...easy-peasy!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nesting+boxes+for+chickens

Okay, so I've got the boxes, just have to make them up and secure them down to a 2x8 board with cinderblocks for a 'stand'. The only problem I see with this setup is how do I make a slanted poop board and still get in through the top lids to collect eggs?
idunno.gif
Anyone have some advice for an 'ol senior gal?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but I wanted to share the final decision I finally made to make two nesting boxes for my 4 BA soon-to-be-laying ladies...

Here's the short video on how to make these up from start to finish...easy-peasy!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nesting+boxes+for+chickens

Okay, so I've got the boxes, just have to make them up and secure them down to a 2x8 board with cinderblocks for a 'stand'. The only problem I see with this setup is how do I make a slanted poop board and still get in through the top lids to collect eggs?
idunno.gif
Anyone have some advice for an 'ol senior gal?

Thanks!
We are planning on doing this and what we have decided it to afix the poop board to the wall with hinges and add a handle, also add a chain to hold the board in upright position if you need to have the board up for a longer period of time. This way you can lift the poop board and still get to the nests to get the eggs. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
We are planning on doing this and what we have decided it to afix the poop board to the wall with hinges and add a handle, also add a chain to hold the board in upright position if you need to have the board up for a longer period of time. This way you can lift the poop board and still get to the nests to get the eggs. Hope this makes sense.
Genius!! Now why didn't I think of that? Oh....that's right...I'm an old senior gal with very little brain matter left...forgot about that....sigh...

Thanks for such a great idea!
thumbsup.gif

Genius!! Now why didn't I think of that? Oh....that's right...I'm an old senior gal with very little brain matter left...forgot about that....sigh...

Thanks for such a great idea!
thumbsup.gif
Well, don't be so hard on yourself, it's take me a year to figure out what to do! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom